Following the easing of Coronavirus related restrictions announced by the German government on 6th May 2020, Europa Park has been preparing for a re-opening. From 29th May, the park, its hotels and the Camp Resort will once again welcome visitors. In order to minimise risk there will be a series of measures:
- A daily limit on visitor numbers
- Mandatory social distancing with markers in waiting areas and restaurants.
- Implementation of additional hygiene standards and processes – sanitisation stations, cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- Informing and educating guests about all measures taken before and during the visit
- New, digital technology in regard for queue management
- Contactless payments
- Education and training of employees
The show and cinema program and water world Rulantica will re-open at a later date.
Europa-Park is the largest theme park in Germany, and the second most popular theme park resort in Europe, after Disneyland Paris. It is run by the Mack family, who have produced rollercoasters since 1921. The Mack family manufactured ICON the newest roller coaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach which opened on 25 May 2018 at a total cost of £16.25 million.